CERTIFIED AGILE PROCESS OWNER (CAPO) CERTIFICATION COURSE – GTDPO
A process owner is the individual accountable for the performance of a process and for ensuring the process delivers value to its stakeholders. Process owners manage the requirements of process stakeholders, translate those requirements into process performance objectives, and oversee the entire process design and improvement lifecycle.
This 2 day course describes process owner responsibilities and provides the education needed to oversee the design, reengineering and improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes; particularly in the context of Agile Service Management. Participants learn how to use Agile and Lean principles and practices to put in place ‘just enough’ process and how to continually align process performance with overall business goals.
The learning objectives for CAPO include an understanding of:
- Basic Agile and Agile Service Management concepts
- Process owner role and responsibilities
- Managing and prioritizing a process backlog
- Creating and utilizing user stories
- Collaborating with process stakeholders and other process owners
- Overseeing Agile process design and improvement activities
- Managing organizational change activities
- Monitoring and measuring process performance
- Conducting process reviews and identifying improvements
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a Certified Agile Process Owners. The certification is governed, administered and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
- Process owners
- Process managers
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, reengineering or improving processes
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Anyone responsible for:
– Managing process-related requirements
– Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
– Maximizing the value of processes
- Completion of pre-class assignment
- Familiarity with Scrum
- Familiarity with IT and IT services
Suggested Follow on Courses
There are a number of options. Please contact us for further details.
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- The Agile Service Management Guide and Scrum Guide (pre-class resources)
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique hands-on exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities