HDF OPERATIONS: HORTONWORKS DATA FLOW – GTHDP13
This course is designed for ‘Data Stewards’ or ‘Data Flow Managers’ who are looking forward to automate the flow of data between systems. Topics Include Introduction to NiFi, Installing and Configuring NiFi, Detail explanation of NiFi User Interface, Explanation of its components and Elements associated with each. How to Build a dataflow, NiFi Expression Language, Understanding NiFi Clustering, Data Provenance, Security around NiFi, Monitoring Tools and HDF Best practices.
- Describe HDF, Apache NiFi and its use cases.
- Describe NiFi Architecture
- Understand Nifi Features and Characteristics.
- Understand System requirements to run Nifi.
- Understand Installing and Configuring NiFi
- Understand NiFi user interface in depth.
- Understand how to build a DataFlow using NiFi
- Understand Processor and its Elements
- Understand Connection and its Elements
- Understand Processor Group and its elements
- Understand Remote Processor Group and its Elements
- Learn how to optimize a DataFlow
- Learn how to use NiFi Expression language and its use.
- Learn about Attributes and Templates in NiFi
- Understand Concepts of NiFi Cluster
- Explain Data Provenance in NiFi
- Learn how to Secure NiFi
- Learn How to effectively Monitor NiFi
- Learn about HDF Best Practices
50% Hands-on Labs
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit hortonworks.com/training/certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadoop training and certification. Public and private on-site courses are available for developers, administrators, data analysts and other IT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions. Classes combine presentation material with industry-leading hands-on labs that fully prepare students for real-world Hadoop scenarios.
Data Engineers, Integration Engineers and Architects who are looking to automate Data flow between systems.
Students should be familiar with programming principles and have previous experience in software development. Experience with Linux and a basic understanding of DataFlow tools would be helpful. No prior Hadoop experience required, but is very helpful.
Suggested Follow on Courses
There are various courses you could take depending on your business needs. Get in touch with us – we would be more than happy to discuss your training objectives with you.
- Manual Installation of NiFi
- Building a WorkFLow
- Working with Processor Groups
- Working with Remote Processor Groups
- Using NiFi Expression Language.
- Understanding and using Templates.
- Installing and Configuring NiFi Cluster
- Securing NiFi
- Monitoring NiFi
- End Of the Course Project.
- Getting Familiar to NiFi User Interface
- Anatomy of a Processor
- Anatomy of a Connection
- Data Provenance