HDP DEVELOPER: CUSTOM APACHE YARN APPLICATIONS – GTHDP06
This course is designed for developers who want to create custom Apache YARN applications for Apache Hadoop. It will include: the YARN architecture, YARN development steps, writing a YARN client and ApplicationMaster, and launching Containers. The course uses Eclipse and Gradle connected remotely to a 7-node HDP cluster running in a virtual machine.
• Describe the YARN architecture
• Describe the YARN application lifecycle
• Write a YARN client application
• Run a YARN application on a Hadoop cluster
• Monitor the status of a running YARN application
• View the aggregated logs of a YARN application
• Configure a ContainerLaunchContext
• Use a LocalResource to share application files across a cluster
• Write a YARN ApplicationMaster
• Describe the differences between synchronous and
• Allocate Containers in a cluster
• Launch Containers on NodeManagers
• Write a custom Container to perform specific business logic
• Explain the job schedulers of the ResourceManager
• Define queues for the Capacity Scheduler
50% Hands-on Labs
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit hortonworks.com/training/certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadoop training and certification. Public and private on-site courses are available for developers, administrators, data analysts and other IT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions. Classes combine presentation material with industry-leading hands-on labs that fully prepare students for real-world Hadoop scenarios.
Java software engineers who need to develop YARN applications on Hadoop by writing YARN clients and ApplicationMasters.
Students should be experienced Java developers who have attended HDP Developer: Java OR HDP Developer: Pig and Hive OR are experienced with Hadoop and MapReduce development.
There are various courses you could take depending on your business needs. Get in touch with us – we would be more than happy to discuss your training objectives with you.
• Run a YARN Application
• Setup a YARN Development Environment
• Write a YARN Client
• Submit an ApplicationMaster
• Write an ApplicationMaster
• Requesting Containers
• Running Containers
• Writing Custom Containers