HDP DEVELOPER: WINDOWS – GTHDP05
This course is designed for developers who create applications and analyze Big Data in Apache Hadoop on Windows using Pig and Hive. Topics include: Hadoop, YARN, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), MapReduce, Sqoop and the HiveODBC Driver.
- Describe Hadoop and Hadoop and YARN
- Describe the Hadoop ecosystem
- List Components & deployment options for HDP on Windows
- Describe the HDFS architecture
- Use the Hadoop client to input data into HDFS
- Transfer data between Hadoop and Microsoft SQL Server
- Describe the MapReduce and YARN architecture
- Run a MapReduce job on YARN
- Write a Pig script
- Define advanced Pig relations
- Use Pig to apply structure to unstructured Big Data
- Invoke a Pig User-Defined Function
- Use Pig to organize and analyze Big Data
- Describe how Hive tables are defined and implemented
- Use Hive windowing functions
- Define and use Hive file formats
- Create Hive tables that use the ORC file format
- Use Hive to run SQL-like queries to perform data analysis
- Use Hive to join datasets
- Create ngrams and context ngrams using Hive
- Perform data analytics
- Use HCatalog with Pig and Hive
- Install and configure HiveODBC Driver for Windows
- Import data from Hadoop into Microsoft Excel
- Define a workflow using Oozie
50% Hands-on Labs
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit hortonworks.com/training/certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadoop training and certification. Public and private on-site courses are available for developers, administrators, data analysts and other IT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions. Classes combine presentation material with industry-leading hands-on labs that fully prepare students for real-world Hadoop scenarios.
Software developers who need to understand and develop applications for Hadoop 2.x on Windows.
Students should be familiar with programming principles and have experience in software development. SQL knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Windows is also helpful. No prior Hadoop knowledge is required.
There are various courses you could take depending on your business needs. Get in touch with us – we would be more than happy to discuss your training objectives with you.
- Start HDP on Windows
- Add/remove files and folders from HDFS
- Transfer data between HDFS and Microsoft SQL Server
- Run a MapReduce job
- Using Pig to analyze data
- Retrieve HCatalog schemas from within a ?Pig script
- Using Hive tables and queries
- Advanced Hive features like windowing, views and ORC files
- Hive analytics functions using the Pig DataFu library
- Compute quantiles
- Use Hive to compute ngrams on Avro-formatted files
- Connect Microsoft Excel to Hadoop with HiveODBC Driver
- Run a YARN application
- Define an Oozie workflow