HDP OPERATIONS: INSTALL AND MANAGE WITH APACHE AMBARI – GTHDP01
This course is designed for administrators who will be managing the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.2. It covers installation, configuration, maintenance, security and performance topics.
- Describe various tools and frameworks in the Hadoop 2.x ecosystem
- Understand support for various types of cluster deployments
- Understand storage, network, processing, and memory needs for a Hadoop cluster
- Understand provisioning and post deployment requirements
- Describe Ambari Stacks, Views, and Blueprints
- Install and configure an HDP 2.2 cluster using Ambari
- Understand the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Describe how files are written to and stored in HDFS
- Explain Heterogeneous Storage support for HDFS
- Use HDFS commands
- Perform a file system check using command line
- Mount HDFS to a local file system using the NFS Gateway
- Understand and configure YARN on a cluster
- Configure and troubleshoot MapReduce jobs
- Understand how to utilize Capacity Scheduler
- Utilize cgroup and node labeling
- Understand how Slider, Kafka, Storm and Spark run on YARN
- Use WebHDFS to access HDFS over HTTP
- Understand how to optimize and configure Hive
- Use Sqoop to transfer data between Hadoop and a relational database
50% Hands-on Labs
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit hortonworks.com/training/certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadoop training and certification. Public and private on-site courses are available for developers, administrators, data analysts and other IT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions. Classes combine presentation material with industry-leading hands-on labs that fully prepare students for real-world Hadoop scenarios.
IT administrators and operators responsible for installing,
configuring and supporting an HDP 2.2 deployment in a Linux environment.
Attendees should be familiar with with Hadoop and Linux environments.
There are various courses you could take depending on your business needs. Get in touch with us – we would be more than happy to discuss your training objectives with you.
Hands On Labs
- Install HDP 2.2 cluster using Ambari
- Add new hosts to the cluster
- Managing HDP services
- Using HDFS commands
- Verify data with Block Scanner and fsck
- Troubleshoot a MapReduce job
- Configuring the Capacity Scheduler
- Using WebHDFS
- Using Sqoop
- Install and test Flume
- Mounting HDFS to a Local File System
- Using distcp to copy data from a remote cluster
- Dataset Mirroring using Falcon
- Commissioning and Decommissioning Services
- Using HDFS snapshots
- Configuring Rack Awareness
- Configure NameNode HA using Ambari
- Setting up the Knox Gateway
- Securing an HDP Cluster