HDP OPERATIONS: APACHE HBASE ADVANCED MANAGEMENT – GTHDP12
This course is designed for administrators who will be installing, configuring and managing HBase clusters. It covers installation with Ambari, configuration, security and troubleshooting HBase implementations. The course includes an end-of-course project in which students work together to design and implement an HBase schema.
- Hadoop Primer
- Hadoop, Hortonworks, and Big Data
- HDFS and YARN
- Discussion: Running Applications in the Cloud
- Apache HBase Overview
- Provisioning the Cluster
- Using the HBase Shell
- Ingesting Data
- Operational Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Monitoring HBase and Diagnosing Problems
50% Hands–on Labs
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit hortonworks.com/training/certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadoop training and certification. Public and private on–site courses are available for developers, administrators, data analysts and other IT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions. Classes combine presentation material with industry–leading hands–on labs that fully prepare students for real–world Hadoop scenarios.
Architects, software developers, and analysts responsible for implementing non–SQL databases in order to handle sparse datasets commonly found in big data use cases.
Students must have basic familiarity with data management systems. Familiarity with Hadoop or databases is helpful but not required. Students new to Hadoop are encouraged to take the HDP Overview: Apache Hadoop Essentials course.
Suggested Follow on Courses
There are various courses you could take depending on your business needs. Get in touch with us – we would be more than happy to discuss your training objectives with you.
- Installing and Configuring HBase with Ambari
- Manually Installing HBase (Optional)
- Using Shell Commands• Ingesting Data using ImportTSV
- Enabling HBase High Availability
- Viewing Log Files
- Configuring and Enabling Snapshots
- Configuring Cluster Replication
- Enabling Authentication and Authorization
- Diagnosing and Resolving Hot Spotting
- Region Splitting
- Monitoring JVM Garbage Collection
- End–of–Course Project: Designing an HBase Schema