HDP OPERATIONS: HADOOP ADMINISTRATION 2 – GTHDP11
This course is designed for experienced administrators who manage Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.3 clusters with Ambari. It covers upgrades, configuration, application management, and other common tasks.
- Execute automated installation of and upgrades to HDP clusters
- Configure HDFS for NFS integration and centralized caching
- Control application behavior using node labels
- Deploy applications using Slider
- Understand how to configure HDP for optimum Hive performance
- Understand how to manage HDP data compression
- Integrate Ambari with an existing LDAP environments to manage users and groups
- Configure high availability for Hive and Oozie
- Ingest SQL tables and log files into HDFS
- Support scalable and automated HDP application best practices
- Configure automated HDP data replication
60% Lecture/Discussion, 40% Hands-on Labs
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit hortonworks.com/training/certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadoop training and certification. Public and private on-site courses are available for developers, administrators, data analysts and other IT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions. Classes combine presentation material with industry-leading hands-on labs that fully prepare students for real-world Hadoop scenarios.
IT administrators and operators responsible for configuring, managing, and supporting an Hadoop 2.3 deployment in a Linux environment using Ambari.
Attendees should have attended HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 1 or possess equivalent knowledge and experience. Attendees should be familiar with basic HDP administration and Linux environments.
Suggested Follow on Courses
There are various courses you could take depending on your business needs. Get in touch with us – we would be more than happy to discuss your training objectives with you.
- Introduction to the Lab Environment
- Perform an HDP Rolling Upgrade
- Configure HDFS NFS Gateway
- Configure HDFS Centralized Cache
- Configure YARN Node Labels
- Deploy HBase using Slider
- Integrate Ambari with LDAP
- Configure Hive High Availability
- Run an Oozie Workflow
- Configure Oozie High Availability
- Configure Data Mirroring using Falcon
- Install HDP using Ambari Blueprints
- Hive Performance Tuning
- Managing Data Compression