HDP OVERVIEW: APACHE HADOOP ESSENTIALS – GTHDP15
UPCOMING TRAINING EVENTS
CORK | 3rd April 2017| BOOK HERE
There may be some Skillnet subsidised places (@ €450) available on these courses – CONTACT US to check
This course provides a technical overview of Apache Hadoop. It includes high-level information about concepts, architecture, operation, and uses of the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) and the Hadoop ecosystem. The course provides an optional primer for those who plan to attend a hands-on, instructor-led course. (There are no hands-on labs for this course).
- Describe what makes data “Big Data”
- List data types stored and analyzed in Hadoop
- Describe how Big Data and Hadoop fit into your current infrastructure and environment
- Describe fundamentals of:
- the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Hadoop frameworks: (Pig, Hive, HCatalog, Storm, Solr, Spark, HBase, Oozie, Ambari, ZooKeeper, Sqoop, Flume, and Falcon)
- Recognize use cases for Hadoop
- Describe the business value of Hadoop
- Describe new technologies like Tez and the Knox Gateway
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit
hortonworks.com/training/certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadoop training and certification. Public and private on-site courses are available for developers, administrators, data analysts and other IT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions.
Classes combine presentation material with industry-leading hands-on labs that fully prepare students for real-world Hadoop scenarios.
Data architects, data integration architects, managers, C-level executives, decision makers, technical infrastructure team, and Hadoop administrators or developers who want to understand the fundamentals of Big Data and the Hadoop ecosystem.
No previous Hadoop or programming knowledge is required.(For onsite courses, students will need browser access to the Internet.)
Suggested Follow on Courses
Please contact us for further details.