ORACLE SOLARIS FUNDAMENTALS – GTU3
This 3-day course provides the student with the knowledge to interact with a UNIX operating system. Students will develop their UNIX skills with hands-on experience on the Oracle Solaris operating system.
Programmers who are new to the Unix Environment
Students should be comfortable with computers. No familiarity with Unix operating systems is required.
If you have any questions or doubts as to whether you meet the pre-requisites for this course, or indeed are wondering which course best suits you, please consult with us to discuss your suitability for course attendance.
There are a number of options of suitable follow-on courses, depending on your business needs. Please contact us for further details.
- GTOS1 – Oracle Solaris Basic Administration 5-day Course
- GTOS2 – Oracle Solaris Advanced System & Network Administration 5-day Course
- GTU5 – Korn Shell Programming 4-day Workshop
- GTPL1 – Perl Programming 5-day Course
1. Basic UNIX Concepts
2. Using CDE
3. The Filesystem
4. File Management
5. File Manipulation
7. File Security
8. The vi Editor
9. Crontab and at
10. Jobs and Processes
14. File Compression
15. Networking Commands
16. Dealing with Difficult Files