The application of Agile principles and practices on software development projects enables a project team to quickly develop working software that meets business needs. In Scrum, teams work in 2-4 week Sprints to produce production-quality software driven by business priorities using an empirical, adaptive approach. This Agile Enablement Workshop training course provides an in depth understanding of how Agile and Scrum teams deliver business value.
You will learn to apply the basic practices of any Agile approach, with a focus on Scrum. You will apply what you learn in a series of exercises that take you through project start-up, project/release planning, Sprint planning, and Sprint execution.
As a workshop, this course uses a combination of lecture, class discussion and hands-on exercises, with emphasis on group activities, to reinforce the concepts and principles. The workshop is designed to benefit a new Agile project team attending as a group, providing a common foundation of knowledge and experience for everyone on the team. Participants will build a Product Backlog and initial Release Plan for the project they bring to the class, giving them a firm foundation for the early Sprints.
- Apply key concepts and terms of Agile and Scrum to project situations
- Be able to explain the methodology’s benefits and key techniques
- Experience the progression of key activities and artifacts
- Have a deep understanding of different practices that can be applied and when to apply them
- Be able to help others to understand and apply the practices and principles
- Prepare to participate in an upcoming project
“Very happy with the course. Feel more confident now to play my part in an agile project environment and to transfer the principles to other ways of working.” Agile Workshop Dec ‘18