Agile software development employs certain principles and practices that enable development teams to quickly build and deploy high quality software products. An example of one Agile practice is to establish the Scrum Product Owner role. The Agile philosophy is to approach the system under development as a holistic product, not a series of disparate projects. This Agile Product Owner Enablement training course explores the responsibilities and expectations of the Product Owner role. Students will learn how a Product Owner can infuse business priorities, goals, and vision, into a development team and thereby build highly functional systems.
- Understand the basics of Agile development using Scrum
- Learn the role of the Product Owner
- Become familiar with the concept of User Stories
- Explore the practice of using a product backlog for overall scope
- Explore the practice of using a Sprint backlog for Sprint scope
- Understand how completed stories factor into release and Sprint planning
- Be aware of several ways to manage across multiple related Scrum teams