The Virtualization Essentials Course™ is a 2-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business perspective, the technical organization, and operating and governing virtualization. This CCC Virtualization Essentials Certification Training course enables participants to successfully complete the associated Virtualization Essentials exam to become a Virtualization Essentials Professional (VEP) with the Cloud Credential Council. In addition, this course complements the Cloud Essentials course. The participants can do the Cloud Essentials course either before or after they have taken the Virtualization Essentials course.
Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of GuruTeam courses, because it puts participants in the right mind-set to apply the principles in a realistic setting. The role-play activities included in this course present a real world connection by using situations that can occur in the day-to-day life of the participants. In addition, interactive elements such as brainstorms, quizzes, and discussions add to the interactive nature of this course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of virtualization.
- Comprehend the business benefits and business considerations of virtualization
- Understand various approaches to server virtualization, its relevance to the modern data center, available platforms, and important features.
- Understand the implications of virtualization on storage, networks, and applications, and recognize issues, challenges, and opportunities for managing this.
- Comprehend the implications of virtualization on the modern workplace, and recognize challenges and opportunities for managing this.
- Understand the impact and changes of virtualization on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization techniques, and understand the implications for an organization.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of virtualization and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.