This Certified Agile Process Owner (CAPO) Certification course provides guidance into the process Owner responsibilities so they can describe what they are doing as a process and provides the education needed to oversee the design, re-engineering and improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes; particularly in the context of Agile Service Management. Participants learn how to apply Scrum practices to Process Owner responsibilities and use Agile and Lean principles and practices to put in place ‘just enough’ process and how to continually align process performance with overall business goals.
A process owner is an individual accountable for the performance of a process and for ensuring the process delivers value to its stakeholders. Process owners manage the requirements of process stakeholders, translate those requirements into process performance objectives, and oversee the entire process design and improvement lifecycle.
This certification positions learners to successfully complete the Certified Agile Process Owner exam.
The learning objectives for CAPO include an understanding of:
- Basic Agile and Agile Service Management concepts
- Process owner role and responsibilities
- Managing and prioritizing a process backlog
- Creating and utilizing user stories
- Collaborating with process stakeholders and other process owners
- Overseeing Agile process design and improvement activities
- Managing organizational change activities
- Monitoring and measuring process performance
- Conducting process reviews and identifying improvements