This Java for Associates training course provides an introduction to object-oriented development in Java, and aims to paint the big picture of how Java is used in contemporary system designs.
The goal throughout the course is to focus on principles, concepts, and capabilities. We cover syntax and details where necessary, but we concentrate always on the ‘why’ not the ‘how’.
The course provides an introduction to object oriented concepts such as classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, object associations, and so on. We use UML to help us model these concepts, and we use Java to help us realise these concepts.
The course also describes Java technologies in three core respects: client systems (including mobile), server systems, and integration technologies. We analyse the tools and APIs in current use, describe how they fit together, and discuss best practice and patterns.
This course is aimed at managers of Java software teams, and also developers who are embarking on a Java career. This course will help you prepare for the Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE (1Z0-850) certification examination.
What you will learn
- Understanding fundamental Object-Oriented concepts
- Implementing Object-Oriented concepts in Java
- Algorithm design and implementation
- Understanding Java development processes and tools
- Understanding Java platforms and integration technologies
- Understanding Java client technologies
- Understanding Java server technologies