This Optimising Java training course covering JVM internals, bytecode, classloading, garbage collection analysis and tuning as well as JIT compilation, application profiling and language-level techniques; this course also contains hands-on labs and a wealth of directly-applicable knowledge that will allow engineers to gain deep insight into their performance problems and how to fix them.
- To diagnose and fix Java application performance problems
- To understand the underlying architecture of the JVM and some internals
- To understand the causes of common performance problems
- To avoid common misconceptions and traps when performance tuning Java applications
- To gain a basic familiarity with common Java performance tools
About the course
Ben Evans is an author of the brand new O’Reilly book of the same name, this 2-day course is designed for intermediate, advanced and expert Java developers who want to learn the detailed how and why of Java performance and how to diagnose and correct performance problems in a systematic and scientific way.
(hardware and software requirements)
- Java 8 (preferred) or 7
- A suitable IDE (e.g. Netbeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ)