In an increasingly interconnected and complex IT environment, IT management is under pressure to deliver more agile IT services and adapt to change. Organizations are adopting strategies that include cloud computing in order to meet these challenges and offer repeatable, flexible and scalable services. Service Management professionals are challenged to help organizations optimally ensure measurable service delivery and management in cloud environments.
The Cloud Service Manager course enables participants to design and deliver cloud services. This training is delivered as a 3-day classroom program. The course provides a hands-on, practical approach to understanding how cloud computing and cloud-based services impacts operational processes, and how to adapt existing processes to deliver better services.
The Cloud Service Manager course prepares candidates for the Professional Cloud Service Manager (PCSM) exam provided by the Cloud Credential Council. The Cloud Service Manager course is endorsed, recognized and supported by several key technology vendors and Standards bodies.
At the end of this Cloud Service Manager course, participants will gain competencies in, and be able to:
- Recall cloud service management terminology, definitions, and concepts.
- Explain basic terminology related to cloud service management.
- Analyze an organization’s strategic assets and capabilities to successfully design, deploy, and run cloud services.
- Identify and explain important roles involved in cloud service management.
- Compare the relationship between cloud provider and cloud consumer.
- Differentiate between potential risks and benefits of adopting a cloud strategy.
- Produce an initial cloud adoption strategy.
- Illustrate the benefits and drive the adoption of cloud-based services within an organization.
- Identify strategies to reduce risk and remove issues associated with the adoption of cloud computing and cloud-based services.
- Analyze the impact of demand and how to “right-size” cloud services at the design stage.
- Outline what a cloud marketplace is and differentiate between the consumer’s and provider’s perspective of a cloud marketplace.
- Analyze effective demand management across cloud-based service models.
- Illustrate the benefits, risks and issues of Dev-Ops within an IT organization.
- Select appropriate structures for designing, deploying, and running cloud-based services within traditional IT organizations.
- Outline the various pricing models for cloud services.
- Examine the challenges with purchasing cloud-based services.
- Diagram a hybrid IT cost model.
- Discover key governance requirements of cloud service provision.
- Model cloud service management principles into ICT operations and IT service management.
- Demonstrate how to link cloud value back to IT strategy.
- Name a number of popular and relevant IT frameworks and standards.
- Predict the complexities involved in designing, deploying, and running cloud services.
- Compare and contrast cloud service management with traditional IT service management in the existing IT organization.
MODULE 1: Course Introduction
MODULE 2: Cloud Service Management Fundamentals
2.1 History of Cloud Computing
2.2 Basics of Cloud Service Management
2.3 Service Perspectives
2.4 Relationship with IT Service Management (ITSM)
2.5 Cloud Service and Support Models
MODULE 3: Cloud Service Management Roles
3.1 Cloud Management Roles
3.2 Service Management Roles
3.3 Organizational Roles
MODULE 4: Cloud Service Strategy
4.1 Cloud Strategy Fundamentals
4.2 Key Drivers for Adoption
4.3 Risk Management Overview
MODULE 5: Cloud Service Design, Deployment, and Migration
5.1 Basics of Cloud Service Design
5.2 Dealing with Legacy Systems, Services, and Applications
5.3 Benchmarking of Cloud Services
5.4 Cloud Service Capacity Planning
5.5 Cloud Service Deployment and Migration
5.6 Cloud Marketplace
MODULE 6: Cloud Service Management
6.1 Cloud Service Management Perspective
6.2 Cloud Service Level Management and Service Assurance
6.3 DevOps in a hybrid IT and Cloud Computing Environment
6.4 Managing Cloud Service Configurations
6.5 Change Management for Cloud Computing Environments
6.6 Reacting to Demand for Cloud Services
MODULE 7: Cloud Service Economics
7.1 Pricing Models for Cloud Services
7.2 Procurement of Cloud Based Services
7.3 Cloud Service Charging
7.4 Cloud Cost Models
MODULE 8: Cloud Service Governance
8.1 Basic Governance Definitions
8.2 Cloud Governance Framework
8.3 Cloud Governance Considerations
MODULE 9: Showing the Value of Cloud Services
9.1 Understanding the Value of Cloud Services
9.2 Linking the Value of Cloud Services to Strategy
9.3 Measuring the Value of Cloud Services
MODULE 10: Popular Service Management Frameworks
10.1 Best-Practice Frameworks
10.2 ISO Standards
10.3 Governance Frameworks
10.4 Cloud Standards
MODULE 11: Exam Preparation Guide
- Course Introduction
- Cloud Service Management Fundamentals
- Cloud Service Management Roles
- Cloud Service Strategy
- Cloud Service Design, Deployment and Migration
- Cloud Service Management (Part 1)
- Cloud Service Management (Part 2)
- Cloud Service Economics
- Cloud Service Governance
- Showing the Value of Cloud Services to the Business
- Popular Service Management Frameworks
- Certification Exam Preparation