Courses available in Ireland, UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Asia/Pacific
This Kubernetes Administration Certification training course covers the core concepts typically used to build and administer a Kubernetes cluster in production, using vendor-independent tools. We build a cluster, determine network configuration, grow the cluster, deploy applications and configure the storage, security and other objects necessary for typical use. This Kubernetes Administration Certification training course offers exposure to the many skills necessary to administer Kubernetes in a production environment.
In this Kubernetes Administration Certification training course, you will learn how to install and configure a production-grade Kubernetes cluster, from network configuration to upgrades to making deployments available via services. Also handle the ongoing tasks necessary for Kubernetes Administration.
- Installation of a multi-node Kubernetes cluster using kubeadm, and how to grow a cluster.
- Choosing and implementing cluster networking.
- Various methods of application lifecycle management, including scaling, updates and roll-backs.
- Configuring security both for the cluster as well as containers.
- Managing storage available to containers.
- Learn monitoring, logging and troubleshooting of containers and the cluster.
- Configure scheduling and affinity of container deployments.
- Use Helm and Charts to automate application deployment.
- Understand Federation for fault-tolerance and higher availability
Recent Testimonials for this course:
“This was an excellent course and was lots of fun to attend. Instructor started with basic intro to
containerization, then explained Kubernetes and the different components (Container
engine, orchestrator, control plane) which all made sense because of the containerization
intro. The parts of the course layered on top of one another to give a good understanding of
Kubernetes.” Live Online Nov 2020
“Instructor's knowledge was key here. Participants were very smart. I've been on course
before where the instructor can't handle the questions and it makes you wish you had just
sat a (named self-paced) course instead. But on this occasion, he was able to answer almost
everything and is even extending an invite to us for a follow up session one evening next
week!” Live Online Nov 2020
NB NOTE: This course does not focus on one vendor’s tools. Most courses are vendor-locked. We use kubeadm to deploy the cluster and focus on tools that would work on anyone’s Kubernetes cluster.