This Apache Tomcat 8 Administration for Windows training course covers the important topics of administering the Tomcat 8.0 server including installation, directory structure, configuration using server.xml, web application deployment, the manager tool, JNDI data sources, logging, and monitoring and management of the server.
Note: This course is appropriate for users of previous versions of Tomcat, including Tomcat 6.0 and 7.0. Where applicable, differences or changes in Version 8.0 will be addressed.
- Learn about the history of Tomcat.
- Learn how to install Tomcat
- Learn about the directory structure and batch files.
- Learn how to configure Tomcat.
- Learn how to work with Web applications.
- Learn to work with the Tomcat Manager including how to assign security roles.
- Learn to work with JNDI data sources and JDBC
- Learn about security and permissions.
- Learn how to generate a keystore file.
- Learn logging techniques.
- Learn how to monitor Tomcat’s performance.
- Learn about clustering including directory setup.