This is a FastTrack version of the full 5-day CompTIA Network+ course, hence some elements of this course are omitted, or covered in brief. A 5-day version of this course is available as a private course.
This course is for students who are preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam N10-007. This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration.
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007) course can benefit you in two ways. It can assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Network+ examination (Exam N10-007). Also, if your job duties include network troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of network-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful.
A CompTIA Network+ exam voucher can be bundled with your course. Taking the exam for this course IS NOT compulsory, therefore you can book a place on this course and exclude the cost of the exam voucher. See booking link above.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Identify unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Implement routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Prevent security breaches.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.