Official Linux Foundation™ Course
Linux is exploding, and the demand for Linux developers has never been stronger. This course will introduce you to the world of Linux development and give you the background and training you need to start working with Linux. If you’ve been thinking about getting into Linux development, this is the best place to start!
The Linux job market is hot, and Linux developers are being offered better paying, more flexible, and more fulfilling jobs than many of their peers.
In this course you’ll learn:
- The history of Linux and what differentiates it from other UNIX-like operating systems
- What the main ingredients of a Linux system are and how to use them
- The essentials of system administration, such as user accounts and groups, essential commands, filesystems, security, and more
- Networking and threading models
- Aspects of compiling and using libraries
- Working with Java under Linux
- And much more
The information in this course will work with any major Linux distribution.
Those who attend the entire course will receive a digital Certificate of Course Completion from the Linux Foundation™.