What is the Managing Cloud 2-Day Master Class?
The Managing Cloud 2-Day Master Class is hands-on, practical and relevant. It is designed to upskill both IT and non-IT professionals in the fundamentals of cloud and cloud-based-services.
This Master Class focuses on answering the question ‘What is Cloud?’ This is achieved by understanding the basic fundamentals of cloud and putting these into a wider context for the organisations.
Initially, delegates are taken through The Cloud Challenge™. This is the first workshop, where delegates identify how little they actually know about the basics of cloud and their inability to put cloud into context.
Benefits of cloud are highlighted and then challenged from an organisation and consumer viewpoint. Several hands-on learning activities are conducted each day to put theory into real-life practice and keep delegates engaged, refreshed and excited throughout the two days.
What challenges does the Managing Cloud 2-Day Master Class address?
Today, most organisations are using some form of cloud services. Many organisations have moved to cloud expecting to achieve cost-savings, increase their agility and drive innovation. However, many organisations have not found the cost-savings, agility or innovation which they looked for and are now asking the question, why is this?
Numerous reasons for these challenges including:
- Lack of training and education
- Not knowing the value of cloud
- Inability to update bureaucratic processes to make them agile
- Wrong expectations from the start
- Organisations not knowing what they don’t know.
This Cloud Master Class addresses these issues and pain points equipping delegates with appropriate skills and tools needed to address these challenges.
This Master Class is unique in its design, delivery and contents. Organisations who upskill their people and talent with this Master Class will have experts on board that can help maximise the business opportunities that cloud continues to create. Challenges become opportunities. Opportunities deliver value.
At the end of this Managing Cloud 2-day Master Class, participants will gain competencies in, and be able to:
- Recall cloud service management terminology, definitions, and concepts.
- Explain basic terminology related to cloud service management.
- Analyse an organisation’s strategic assets and capabilities to successfully design, deploy, and run cloud services.
- Identify and explain important roles involved in cloud service management.
- Compare the relationship between cloud provider and cloud consumer.
- Differentiate between potential risks and benefits of adopting a cloud strategy.
- Produce an initial cloud adoption strategy.
- Illustrate the benefits and drive the adoption of cloud-based services within an organisation.
- Outline what a cloud marketplace is and differentiate between the consumer’s and provider’s perspective of a cloud marketplace.
- Illustrate the benefits, risks and issues of Dev-Ops within an IT organisation.
- Outline the various pricing models for cloud services.
- Examine the challenges with purchasing cloud-based services.
- Model cloud service management principles into ICT operations and IT service management.
- Demonstrate how to link cloud value back to IT strategy.
- Predict the complexities involved in designing, deploying, and running cloud services.
- Compare and contrast cloud service management with traditional IT service management in the existing IT organisation.
Managing Cloud 2-Day Master Class is aligned to ITIL
- Provides advice on how to adapt ITIL processes for Cloud
- Introduces new approaches not provided by ITIL
- 2 Day Managing Cloud Master Class is designed to complement and work with an organisation’s adoption of ITIL and ITSM
- Master Class syllabus, content, eBook and white paper written by ITIL Master
"The course was an excellent insight into the Cloud Service Management world and equips me with tools to go back to my company and build upon it. "January '19
"Course content was excellent and very well delivered. One of the best training courses I have attended." July‘19
"Really enjoyed the training, very informative and interactive. It was helpful that the trainer had a genuine love for what he was teaching." July ‘19