Why take this course?
Designing intuitive and effective user interfaces isboth science and art. During this course, partici-pants will learn how to apply research-based andfield-tested Web and application design principlesand methodologies.
Initially they will focus on the four foundational layers of the interface: Navigation, Presentation,Content, and Interaction. Participants will then beprovided with the framework and methodologyneeded to support rapid prototyping initiatives.Finally, they will extend their sphere of influencethrough the application of accessibility and cross-cultural design methods.
What you’ll learn
- How to implement user-centered requirementsinto usable designs
- How to integrate the focal points of design: Navigation, Presentation, Content, and Interaction
- How Web site and application design strategiesdiffer and overlap
Participants will learn to:
- Identify, select, and implement appropriatenavigation models used to build intuitivenavigation structures
- Make better decisions and recommendationsto improve visual design, including: layout, color,graphics and icons, and text
- Implement effective usability-based contentorganization and treatment methods
- Ensure intuitive interaction through appropriate UI control selection and error and feedback design
- Increase design efficiency using Web andapplication standards
- Extend their UCD sphere of influence into thedomains of user experience, accessibility, andcross-cultural design